This Southport cottage is located in the heart of historic Southport, NC. The owner has taken great strides in transforming “Calypso” into an ideal getaway with lovely furnishings and all the comforts you want. The cottage is conveniently located in a shaded, quiet community near the Cape Fear River where you can take a ferry to Bald Head Island or to Carolina Beach.
The home is small yet roomy and clean. The full bath is large and features include a washer and dryer.
The Calypso has a full kitchen and is well-equipped for the chef! You can enjoy your morning coffee on the sunny rear deck and your evening beverage in a rocking chair on the front porch!
Calpyso has many new plants throughout the property that reflect the
owner’s pride that flows from the inside to the outdoor landscape!
This home is pet friendly for house-broken pets ONLY. We thank you for
being considerate of others who will occupy this lovely home. We also
thank you for making our cleanup simple.
If you need to spend a little time in the office, bring your laptop -
wireless service and a wireless printer ready for you.
Walk or bicycle to local shops and excellent restaurants. Fish from the pier. Watch the boat traffic and birds. Historic sites and parks abound. For beach goers, – Oak Island is only about seven miles away. Both Fort Fisher Beach and Bald Head Island are a scenic ferry ride away…and yes, you can ride your bicycle from here!
Nightlife, shopping and restaurants of Wilmington are only a 30-minute drive.
Call us or email us for more information…
- Wireless service & wireless printing capabilities – currently no fax – sorry.
- Cable TV in living room and master bedroom
- DVD player, stereo system.
- Two bedrooms – 1 queen/ 1 full & 1 full bath /sleeper sofa.
- Nice antiques throughout and clean, clean, clean!
- Full kitchen – laundry facilities in large bathroom.
- Fenced back yard & deck – covered front porch with rockers!
- Gas fireplace.
- Grill on the back deck.
- Beach chairs, towels, umbrella and small cooler.
- Spring and early summer is nesting season for thousands of white ibis on Battery Island — right across from Southport’s waterfront park. You’ll also see herons, egrets, oyster catchers, and the occasional gannet. Bird lover paradise!
- Sidewalks & bike paths for all to enjoy. Walk to local shops and excellent restaurants. Fish from the pier. Watch the boat traffic and birds. Historic sites and parks abound.
- For beach goers, – Oak Island is only about seven miles away. Both Fort Fisher Beach and Bald Head Island are a scenic ferry ride away. Nightlife, shopping and restaurants of Wilmington are only a 30-minute drive.
- Boat access is convenient at the Southport Marina with boat slips available. The Calypso has room to park your boat if daily launch is preferred.
- In Season (April – September)
$135 plus taxes per night — 3 might minimum.
$850 per week
Sorry, no monthly rentals, but ask about discounts for multi-week rentals.
- Off Season (October – March)
$125 plus taxes per night — 3 night minimum.
$750 weekly rate (can start on any day, not just Fri-Sat)
Sales & Occupancy Tax – 11.5% (does not apply to multi-month rentals)
Cleaning Fee – $65
Pet Fee – non-refundable $125